Wanted: Mechanical and Thermal Engineer, IC Packaging
We are developing novel IC and opto-electronic assemblies which include interesting problems in packaging, assemblies and thermal management. We seek someone to help us work on these technologies. Successful candidates will work with cross-functional teams of IC designers, PCB and embedded designers, Optical Engineers, physicists and even the odd chemist!
Candidates should have a BS or MS in Material or Mechanical Engineering — or equivalent demonstrated practical experience — and at least 5 years of work in mechanical and thermal design of integrated circuit packaging.
· State of the art know-how in simulation of IC and package temperature
· State of the art knowledge in heat dissipation at both the chip level and at the package / PCB level
· Experience in opto-electronics, MEMS or panel design for the display industry
· Experience in 3D IC / stacked chip assemblies
· Some education and experience in micro-fabrication (VLSI, MEMS, etc..)
· Understanding of chip packaging reliability test condition, criteria and defects
· Experience and interest in hands-on work in class 100 clean room
PL&H is a venture-backed startup located in Pasadena, CA that has received surprising levels of funding to do seemingly magical things. We offer the usual benefits: competitive salary and stock options, health insurance, 401k with matching, daily lunches, etc. Extraneous interests in plants, jet engines and baking bread are a bonus!
Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org