Wanted: Mixed Signal CMOS IC Designer
We seek an experienced Mixed Signal CMOS IC Designer to work on the analog and digital building blocks for Si-backplanes.
Design standard analog and mixed-signal building blocks at schematics level
Design timing reference and custom high speed logic circuits for high speed data interfaces
Select best topography
Expected to run simulators, capture data, compare results and perform circuit optimization
Be able to create high-quality circuit schematics, simulate and present
Should be fluent in SPICE, Verilog
Experienced in using Cadence IC tools - Virtuoso, Spectre, Calibre...
Strong technical writing skills
Experience in transistor level circuit simulations, testing of fabricated CMOS chips
Good understanding of PVT, MOS transistor operation, CMOS process techniques
Wanted: Mechanical and Thermal Engineer, IC Packaging
We are developing novel IC and opto-electronic assemblies which include interesting problems in packaging, assemblies and thermal management. We seek someone to help us work on these technologies. Successful candidates will work with cross-functional teams of IC designers, PCB and embedded designers, Optical Engineers, physicists and even the odd chemist!
Candidates should have a BS or MS in Material or Mechanical Engineering — or equivalent demonstrated practical experience — and at least 5 years of work in mechanical and thermal design of integrated circuit packaging.
· State of the art know-how in simulation of IC and package temperature
· State of the art knowledge in heat dissipation at both the chip level and at the package / PCB level
· Experience in opto-electronics, MEMS or panel design for the display industry
· Experience in 3D IC / stacked chip assemblies
· Some education and experience in micro-fabrication (VLSI, MEMS, etc..)
· Understanding of chip packaging reliability test condition, criteria and defects
· Experience and interest in hands-on work in class 100 clean room
PL&H is a venture-backed startup located in Pasadena, CA that has received surprising levels of funding to do seemingly magical things. We offer the usual benefits: competitive salary and stock options, health insurance, 401k with matching, daily lunches, etc. Extraneous interests in plants, jet engines and baking bread are a bonus!
Email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
No whining, keep smiling!